My 2016 word(s) of the year were: Serve and simplicity.
My 2017 word(s) of the year are: Intentional & Cultivate
Why I chose these words:
Intentional: I want to intentionally pursue a deeper relationship with the Lord and those closest to me. I also do a lot of things randomly & struggle with stopping/thinking/praying before jumping into a new task. I want to be more intentional about my choices and the things that I pursue.
Cultivate: I hope to cultivate authenticity, kindness, and wholeheartedness with God, my husband, my child, my friends & family, those whom I’ve alienated in 2016, and strangers. I don’t want to work towards my goals for selfish reasons, but to glorify Him, so I must cultivate with intent.
My 2017 resolutions:
- As always, keep God as my #1 priority (#1 on my list, #1 in my life).
- Set aside time out of the day for my own personal prayer/devotional time.
- Read with Fischer every day.
- Limit screen time to 1-3 hours per day.
- Do some sort of exercise daily (PiYo, walking, BBG, etc.).
- Go for a daily walk, weather permitting.
- Memorize one bible verse per month.
- Write at least twice a month.
- Cease comparing my life to others – spiritually and physically.
- Host a party to celebrate the women who have impacted me in some way.
- Cultivate community, personally and as a family.
- Complete at least two courses for certification.
- Invest in my relationships with those whom I love dearly.
- Have a monthly date night with hubby.
- Pray with hubby daily.
- Make sure all visitors in our home feel loved, welcomed, and restful.