- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- olive oil
- 2 lb russet potatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp garlic
- Boil potatoes with skin on (or bake/microwave). Boil for about 45 min. Let cool and then peel skin off (so much easier than peeling before cooking).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside pie plate or glass baking dish.
- Mash potatoes, add small amounts of olive oil until smooth consistancy. Add salt to taste. Add garlic to taste.
- Add onion (garlic optional) and meat to a large skillet. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Do not drain.
- Add meat mixture to glass dish. Spread evenly.
- Add mashed potatoes on top of meat, spreading evenly.
- Using a fork, drag on top of potatoes to create baking lines.
- Bake for 30 min & serve warm