This past Sunday, we dedicated our baby to the Lord. Afterwards, we came home to eat & celebrate with friends. The biggest hit that everyone LOVED was my banana cream torte. Because I’m feeling nice today, I’ll share the recipe from you (which has been modified from Paula Deen’s “ain’t your mommas banana pudding).
- 6-8 bananas, sliced
- 2 boxes vanilla wafers
- 1 box cream cheese, softened
- 1 box vanilla pudding, 5oz
- 2 cups milk
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1/2 can sweet condensed milk
- In a 9×13 pan (or for easy clean up, one of those dollar store throw away lasagna pans), dump one box of cookies on bottom of pan. Put sliced bananas evenly on top.
- In one bowl, mix milk and pudding.
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese & condensed milk.
- Fold in cool whip
- Add mix to pudding, stir.
- Coat evenly on top of banana/cookies.
- Cover with 2nd box of cookies (evenly organized like I did or you can crumble the cookies).
- Refrigerate and serve.
Let me know how you like it! It was the first dessert gone yesterday & I’ll probably make it more often.