“Patience Is Not the Ability to Wait:
Patience is not the ability to wait. Patience is to be calm no matter what happens, constantly take action to turn it to positive growth opportunities, and have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
The Lord has put myself and my family in a season of waiting – a year of practicing patience. And I have to be fairly honest, I’m not a particularly patient person.
I can’t go into detail of all the things my family has to wait on but I’ll give a few examples:
- Patience for my upcoming book – waiting for postpartum story submissions, waiting for returned emails regarding finding an agent, waiting to find & hear from the perfect publisher
- Patience for my son – waiting for him to hit those next milestones (sleeping through the night, walking, talking, etc.)
- Patience for career – waiting with my husband as he applies for job after job & goes on multiple interviews.
- Patience for family drama – This is something I can’t go into detail with, because it’s not my story to share. Hopefully soon though.
- Patience for weight – I’m trying to find that perfect weight I want to maintain & getting there is hard.
- Patience for finding a new place to live
- Patience in my own ventures – writing, Plexus, etc.
- Patience for the next season of life
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!
But God shows us time and time again that patience is worth it – that patience helps us achieve out true selves.
But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.
Joseph waited 13 years. Abraham waited 25 years. David waited 30 years. Moses waited 40 years. Jesus waited 30 years. Noah waited 120 years. Job waited.
If you are in a season of waiting like my family and I, don’t fret. Remain patient. Just breathe. God hears you, He is waiting with you, and He will show you the path when the time is right.
The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.