So many people forget about their resolutions withing a few weeks. Not me. I make sure to look back and see how many I accomplished. Here is my New Years Resolution list from 2017. Written in italics is my opinion on my resolution and if I reached that goal.
- As always, keep God as my #1 priority (#1 on my list, #1 in my life). Eh, I tried. It’s always hard to put God first. I know that really sucks to actually say that, but we all know it’s true. I’ve put God on the backburner several times, but I’m still proud of how much I’ve focused on Him. Hopefully in 2018 I can increase that time.
- Set aside time out of the day for my own personal prayer/devotional time. This was off and on. Not only does being a mom squish those goals, sharing space with my in-laws is equally hard. Finding alone time to do anything is hard.
- Read with Fischer every day. Unless we had a busy day outside of the house, Fischer always had at least one book read to him.
- Limit screen time to 1-3 hours per day. Hahahaha!
- Do some sort of exercise daily (PiYo, walking, BBG, etc.). One word: mom. Being a mom is exercise enough.
- Go for a daily walk, weather permitting. Ha! Yeah, okay. What’s with my sudden need for making physical resolutions?
- Memorize one bible verse per month. Yeah, no. I have trouble remembering what day it is.
- Write at least twice a month. That actually was an easy one. I made a low goal because I didn’t know how much I could write as a mom. Not nearly as much as I used to, but a decent amount to be proud of.
- Cease comparing my life to others – spiritually and physically. In most ways, I really did limit the comparisons. There were days I struggled though.
- Host a party to celebrate the women who have impacted me in some way. No! But that’s still a goal of mine!
- Cultivate community, personally and as a family. Sort of. I really started to try this year, it just takes some time to see results.
- Complete at least two courses for certification. I finished one course this year for my ministry certification. Thank GOD it’s online and at your own pace.
- Invest in my relationships with those whom I love dearly. Yes.
- Have a monthly date night with hubby. Eh, sort of. Depends on what you consider a date. Movie and dinner? No. Quick runs to the store or library without our son? Yes.
- Pray with hubby daily. No. This one I’m the most upset about but there is always 2018.
- Make sure all visitors in our home feel loved, welcomed, and restful. I sure hope so!
So did you guys reach your 2017 goals? I’d love to hear what you achieved and what you missed out on.