I LOVE resolutions! I love making goals, reaching them, and sharing them. Here is my resolutions for 2019!
- Publish my 2nd book. This is my number one goal…getting my story out there. It’s taken forever to write and it’s time to take the next steps.
- Run 200 miles. Last year I wanted to run more and I did. I love running and in March I started a 200 miles for charity thing and I knew I could do it…except a week later I got shin splints. When those finally healed, our family got sick…and everything snowballed into excuses not to meet my goal. I haven’t forgotten about it though and this year I WILL run 200 miles.
- Get control of my sugar addiction. Just when I think I get it under control, someone brings me one treat and my body goes crazy for it. I’m starting to think I need to cold turkey the sugar in order to really tackle the addiction.
- Drink lots of water. That was on my list last year and I did increase my consumption, but not nearly as much as required.
- Cut down on screen time. There are days where I’m positive I spend five hours on my phone or laptop, some days more, depending on what’s been going on. I can’t expect cut technology out completely since I need it for my job, but I can create limits on how many hours I check my phone.
- Read 24 books. This was my number for last year’s resolutions and I think I read about 30 books. I’m keeping it at 24 because I think it’s an achievable goal. If I don’t do the other things on this list, I can at least be happy about reading 24 books.
- Eat more veggies. I’ve slowly purchased more veggies for new recipes this year, but 2019 will be the year of the vegetable! Just recently, a shopping trip our family took was mostly veggies. Earlier this year, we did the Daniel Fast, and felt amazing after the month was over.
- Continue making the switch to a holistic lifestyle. My husband and I have both been making small changes to make our home healthier, organic, and less wasteful. This year, we switched out shampoo and deodorant for a healthy alternative along with adding ACV, collagen, fermented cod liver oil, cell salts, and vitamin C supplements to our health regime. 2019 I plan on starting my first Kombucha brew.
- Move out. If you don’t know, we’ve been living with my in-laws while we get back on our feet from a tough two years. I hope 2019 is the year we move out and have our own space.
- Listen better. When someone is talking to me, I always hear them, but I rarely listen. It’s rude and I’d hate for someone to not actually listen to me, so hopefully I can work on that this year.
- Engage more. Going hand-in-hand with listening better, I’d like to be a more engaging wife, mom, friend, employee, etc.
- Dress better. There was about a year or two where I dressed up every day and that was it. I’ve always dressed like a tomboy, but it’s gotten out of hand and I really don’t like wearing lounge-wear all of the time. It’s time for me to bring the floral, dresses, bra, heels, and makeup back.
What’s biggest resolution? I’d love to hear it.